Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer List 2011

I had the kiddos write their summer lists the other day (I know, we're already halfway through summer.  Sigh.  Long sigh.  Boo - hoo).  Anywho...here's our "I'm not making any promises, but I'll do the very best I can to help you check things off your list" list. 



COLE (almost 11 year old - happy almost birthday btw!)
  1. a trip to six flags (maybe dad can help you check that one off your list, son.  it's darn hot out there!)
  2. water balloon fight (CHECK!)
  3. putt-putt golf (once again, TX + summer + crazy sweaty crowds = dad's job)
  4. try something new (hmmmm...interesting)
  5. be cancer free (so far, so good! tentative CHECK)
  6. have new head of hair (he's gettin' there)
  7. get back in shape (this SHOULD be on my summer list - he's making me look bad)
  8. read bible
  9. start walking/running program with mom (really?)
  10. earn money for itouch (great, motivation to do chores)
  11. hawaiian falls (CHECK - next week, thanks sophia!)
  12. earn hunter's safety card (oooooohh, daaaaadddd)
  13. HAVE FUN!!!

SYDNEY (12 year old girly-girl)

  1. weekly trips to the library (CHECK!)
  2. putt-putt (what is it with my kids and outdoor activities?  did i mention we live in TEXAS??)
  3. go to a texas rangers game with daddy (CHECK!)
  4. bowling (ahhh, air conditioning - i'll take this one)
  5. movies (see #4 comment - ditto)
  6. big neighborhood bbq
  7. watergun fight (CHECK)
  8. cool thursdays at the arboretum (outdoor concert venue - byob - fun!)
  9. walking/running program with mommy (ok, so both kids want me off the couch)
  10. solo trip to conroe, tx (chris's aunt and uncle have a super cool house there with super cool pool)
  11. throw a "cole is cancer free" party with lots and lots of friends (brilliant!)
  12. invite friends to KC pool
  13. visit Ronald McDonald house  (donate supplies, volunteer)
  14. see play or musical
  15. bible study/book club
  16. go rolling (hope you aren't on our list - we've been stockpiling our tp)
So, there you go.  We've actually checked a few items off, and we have a good month left to accomplish some more.  Wish us luck!

4 comments:

  1. Darling! I'm with you! Stick with the indoor activities! Hey now, where is "Mom's list?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! where is GK's list??? I bet walking/running program with mommy will not make that list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do the walk/run with you!! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie! Having the kids make to do lists. What a great idea! Maybe I should have my kids do this!?! On second thought, that would actually hold me accountable to doing things this summer and that is not on my list!

    Colorado Jen

    ReplyDelete