Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Books on my "nightstand"





Well, they aren't technically on my nightstand, but I have gone so far as to request them from our lovely, local library.  Here's the list...let me know if you are  #1. familiar and  #2. would recommend. 

1. An American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin

2. Dreams of Joy by Lisa See

3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

4. Looking for Alaska by John Green

5. Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver

6. A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron

There you have it.  Currently I'm struggling loving 1776 by David McCullough.  It is my assigned summer reading for my J.O.B.  I'm one-third through with 3 weeks to go.  Wish me luck.  And brain power.  And divine intervention. 

What's on your "nightstand"?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those. However, I also struggled, um, loved 1776 until I just stopped about 1/3 of the way through. I'd have to check where the book mark is to be sure. ;-) I wanted to really enjoy it because I loved John Adams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my way out to pick up Captivating: Unveiling the Mysteries of a Woman's Soul by John and Stasi Eldredge. I'll let you know how it is after I'm done! Not sure this 1776 sounds so good...

    ReplyDelete