Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year


Just like I do every year, I have made a list of resolutions that I hope to successfully stick to. I know, I know, why wait until Jan. 1st to make changes that will hopefully transform your life from mediocre to fab? I suppose there is something magical about Jan. 1st. New year, new goals, new me... anyway, here is my list. Wish me luck.

1. I resolve to get my butt outta bed and cook breakfast for my kiddos everyday. Don't they deserve to start their day with a warm and somewhat nutritious meal? Can I really expect them to have a successful day with a pop tart and juice box in the car on the way to school? Hardly.

2. READ, READ and READ some more. It's truly my favorite thing to do. So why haven't I finished a book in over a year. Wait, that has to be an exaggeration. Or is it??? Hopefully my brand new Kindle will inspire me. Thanks Santa!

3. Would you please utilize that gym membership already??? What are you waiting for - Jan 1st? Get movin'!

4. I am such a wannabe sewer, knitter and chef. My crafting and cooking attempts are very, and I mean VERY, basic. I would love to move from wannabe to a girl with mad skillz.

5. Finally, (5 resolutions is plenty, right?) I resolve to be a little happier this year. Sounds simple, but this is an area where I STRUGGLE! This resolution made the list when my 10 year old daughter asked me, "Mom, why don't you smile anymore?" Yikes, time to fix that, eh?

Well, I guess that is that. Happy 2010! May you reach your goals and make it a memorable year! Gotta run, that breakfast isn't going to fix itself.

1 comment:

  1. woohoo blogger friend!
    awesome start and i can't wait to check on life told by katey :)

    ReplyDelete