Thursday, January 28, 2010

State of the Union - Arnett Style

Thought it was time to check the state of our union here on the home front. 
  • Yes, I'm still getting up everyday (nearly everyday anyhow) and making breakfast for my very appreciative children.  Today's meal was Ebelskiver (pancake puffs for the laymen) and thick sliced bacon.  Yummy!


  • Haven't made it to to gym.  Not once.  Not at all.  Not even kidding.
  • I have to say that I've felt a bit happier lately.  Could be all the self-medicating I do in the evenings.  Thanks Target Box 'o Red!


  • Starting a mother-daughter Bible study next week with Sydney (10 year old daughter).  Very excited about that.  
  • Cole (9 year old son) won his school spelling bee and finished 5th in the district bee.  Sweet boy can spell but can't always find his was to the mailbox.  Love that child!
  • Georgia Kate (22 month baby girl) has become quite the chatty Cathy lately.  Thankful that I can cancel the appointment with the speech pathologist - for now!  Just kidding about that speech pathologist remark, btw - I'm a bit neurotic.  Must be the teacher in me.
  • My lovely husband has been quite the busy bee lately.  He has cleaned and organized the garage (notice the bikes hanging from the ceiling), climbed on the roof (TWICE) and repaired a pesky leak, fixed loose boards in our fence, installed a dishwasher (with the help of our plumber - good try honey) and has spent lots of time putting his culinary skills to work.  Way to go Chris!  


  • Anything else???  Happy to be blogging about complete nonsense.  Thanks for indulging me and stopping by!  Later gator!

(Cole at school spelling bee - what a champ!)

No comments:

Post a Comment